Guidebooks & Maps
The Superior Hiking Trail Association produces a range of guides and maps to help you plan anything from a day hike to a thru-hike, and keep you safe on the Trail. Our publications and maps also generate funding that helps us manage and maintain the Trail. It is truly incredible how much we do for the Trail with the proceeds from our publications.
During the past few years, we have intentionally expanded and changed our publications to better reflect how Trail users are using our publications and the Trail. With that perspective, we have created the:
- Superior Hiking Trail Guidebook (the primary guide for the Trail),
- Trail Atlas of The Superior Hiking Trail (maps for the entire Trail),
- Trail Atlas of The Superior Hiking Trail on Avenza (digital, GPS-enabled maps),
- Superior Hiking Trail Map Series A,B,C,D,E,F (Section maps of the Trail which are also available on Avenza), and
- Superior Hiking Trail Databook, (a condensed, quick guide).
There are many differences between our publications. To help hikers, backpackers and runners determine which best serves their needs, here is a description of each publication we produce, what features they include, and how they are most commonly used.